Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mein Mom

"What the hell?"

"What's wrong?"

"What are you doing over there?"

"Nothing, why? Oh, this? They are going to look like spools of thread when I'm finished."

"Ok, but you don't see a problem with what it looks like now?"

"No. Why?"

"Mom, LOOK AT IT! You don't see a problem?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess I see what you're saying."



This is what she was needlepointing or whatever the hell it's called. In her defense, it did look like spools of thread when she was done with that part, but you've gotta think the pattern could have been a little different and still achieved the same thing. Either that or maybe my little, gray-haired mom is secretly a Nazi, filled with hatred and anti-semitism. I guess all the signs were there. Her love of bratwurst, saying that Sara Silverman "just isn't that funny," and her insistence on cooking everything in the oven.

I sent this pic to all my sisters and we did our "is it time to put mom in a home" coinflip.

She got lucky this time.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Your poor mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a photo of the final design to decide on your mom's nazism. Or should I say of the final solution?

    Misirlou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go hang a salami i'm a lasagna hog

    ReplyDelete